Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Thousand Gifts *51-55

Gifts 51 - 55
Every morning, after my homeroom students leave, I spend a few minutes preparing my heart for the day. I read a passage or two and I turn the page of my desk calendar to take in the little devotional quote.
Thursday was such a busy day at school, I was never able to read the quote for June 18.
That evening, while relaxing after work, I visited a fellow blog writer, Cathy, from Tales of the TCKK Family.
She posted about her favorite praise songs. It started me thinking of my fav's. I even Googled song titles so that I could really remember as many as possible. One of the websites I found had 6 special songs and an all time favorite of mine: All Things Bright and Beautiful. I shared my favorite title in Cathy's comments.
Here is Hayley Westenra singing it:


Today, Friday, I had another very full day... proctoring finals, grading more papers, posting grades... and because it was fairly cool in my second floor classroom...I took advantage and cleaned until 5pm. I locked up, and was about to grab all my bags... when I saw my daily calendar.
I went over and reread June 17 and flipped to 18. Tears and laughter spontaneously flowed ~ as it was a verse to All Things Bright and Beautiful!
God, you are so cute! That was just cute and sweet.
I am Humbled by your personalized greeting today!

52. Making it to Macy's and back this afternoon during my lunch to buy a special birthday gift that was on sale (big time) and I got the last one available!
53. A tender walk with my husband, Chris, tonight.
54. My second try for a homemade chocolate cake (for a Father's Day celebration tomorrow) actually came out ok!

55. It's almost 1am and I'm still awake, with work to do... but I am so grateful that I don't have to rush out first thing in the morning!
I can have my second cup in my jammies
~All is Gift ...... All is Blessing ~
Maria



1 comment:

  1. i love your posts here..esp your thanksgiving words...thumbs up..God bless!

    ReplyDelete