Monday, July 13, 2009

One Thousand Gifts *101-106

101. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CHRIS! Very Humbly Grateful for the 31 years I've spent with Chris. My mother wrote that he is a one in a million man... I know that she wrote this to me when she was my current age. How wise she was... What did I know when I was 23 years old? How would I know that the man I loved with all my heart... would still be the one for me all these years later? ~I knew~ We never really rocked the world... but I think we rock as a married couple and we rock as parents... and most importantly, we hold on to The Rock for our comfort, guidance and foundation.

102. Grateful for Robert Brault's beautiful quotes that he regularly shares with others. "If we do not feel a bond with the animals who share with us this moment in eternity, we do not comprehend eternity." I don't know what it is, maybe it's practicing gratefulness... maybe it's that I've watched so little TV in months and instead I've been inspired by many people here on the web~ perhaps a combination of several things...
I am finding in the moments of stillness... time to look up and out and I 'see' so much I must have missed for years... I've seen, but not spent 'moments of eternity.'


103. The cool air is so wonderful this time of the year. I love the brisk mornings and refreshing afternoons.
104. Making a cup of tea and really enjoying it because of the coolness of the afternoon air.


105. A beautiful bouquet of wild flowers picked while "weeding."
106. Although I don't always like cooking, tonight's dinner was especially great... Fresh basil from the garden inspired chicken & spaghetti with pesto sauce ... fresh Parmesano reggiano on top!

~All is Gift ...... All is Blessing

2 comments:

  1. "My mother wrote that he is a one in a million man... I know that she wrote this to me when she was my current age. How wise she was... What did I know when I was 23 years old?"
    ______________________________________________
    I always liked your mother !!! Makes me wonder what she though of arranged marriages... Hummmm, lets see... throw a little power back to the parents.... what do you kids think ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first visit to this blog (I think). I'm glad I stopped in on your anniversary. What a beautiful summary of a 31-year- old love! I especially like "we never really rocked the world but we rock as.....". That, after all, is what is really important.

    I, too, am moved by Holy Experience. Actually, it was one of the first blogs I stumbled on fresh into blog-world!

    Blessings on your grateful heart today!

    ReplyDelete