Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Walking with His Letters of Love and Grace

Wednesday's Gift of Scripture
#134

Romans 5

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2
through whom we have gained access by faith
into this grace in which we now stand.
And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings,
because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
4perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his love into our hearts
by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

God teaches us through nature...

I see so much in nature that is teaching me...
I want to be like Mary, at my Lord's feet following Him into his stories...

...telling the Martha in me to set my priorities ...
...and choose 'the better part.'

I often think of the day this robin (that nested in one of our trees) endured 3 thunder storms
as she protected her precious eggs.
You can see the nest in the bottom right corner.



...Life is stronger than Death...
another lesson, another love letter from God.
Humbly Grateful
~All is Gift ...... All is Blessing

I always knew, that God blesses us... but how aware of the steady flow of these blessings was I? As I count them ~ my awareness rises and they 'count' more than I ever could guess.
Thank you, Ann Voskamp at Holy Experience, for raising the sails!
My ship has left the harbor!
Ps. Ann, ever since your post on "Power Source," (one of the first of yours we read as newcomers to blogland) Chris and I have kept your farm in our prayers...Keeping you in prayer now with the aphids.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Beautiful words. Keeping the sails raised! Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious, encouraging post Maria. I am really enjoying my visits to your blog.
    My sweet Mom just sent me the recipe for the Rhubarb Cake. Here it is:

    In a small bowl sift together:
    2 cups flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking soda

    In large bowl cream together:
    1/2 cup shortening
    1 1/2 cups sugar

    add one egg
    beat one minute

    beat in flour mixture alternately with one cup milk (four first and last)

    fold in 2 cups cut up rhubarb (1/2 inch slices)and 1/2 cup coursely chopped walnuts.

    place in greased 13 x 9 inch pan

    top with mixture of 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tsp. cinnamon

    bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees and 5 minutes more at 375

    She adds "All ovens are not the same so use good judgement."

    It is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were blessed with a robin's nest near our kitchen window as well.
    Love those miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These words woo...

    Yes, nature is filled with His glory. The rocks and hills cry out His name.

    Your pictures are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. life is always great! and we must be thankful for it...thanks for sharing these lovely words of thanks!

    ReplyDelete